BikeLife365

BikeLife365

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bike Build: Knolly Podium - Chris King Headset

By A. Tong


The final major piece of the puzzle is here!  What can I say about Chris King other than it's a company that offers super high quality, durable and reliable components!  Chris King pioneered the sealed bearing headset in 1976 and continue to this day to make high end, precision bike components.  I had one on my old Kona for years with no problems.  
For the Knolly Podium build up, I chose purchased a 1.5 to 1-1/8 Chris King Devolution headset in red to match the theme I have going with the bike.  While I always try to support the local bike stores, I have to give props to aspirevelotech.com for their exceptional customer service.  I purchased a 1.5 Chris King headset from them months ago for a different bike build.  I decided in the end to not go with that project and had an unused headset sitting in the package.  A quick email to aspirevelotech.com and a few weeks later they gladly exchanged my existing headset for the one I needed.  Great service guys!   

Chris "Bling" King head set with new Pre Loader to tighten down the top cap.  Looks great and works even better!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Discuss!