BikeLife365

BikeLife365

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Trek Dirt Series - A Quick Look

by A.Tong

“Don’t you just get on a pedal”, my co-worker says to me.  While this may be true for the commuter or cyclist who just rides around the city bike paths for fun, turns out that everyone can gain some benefit from taking a course.  

My wife was a pretty good beginner-intermediate rider but mentioned in passing that she’d like to be better at dirt jumps and drops.  Of course I supported her since I love biking myself!  I mentioned to my wife that the Trek Dirt Series was coming to Calgary and that she should consider registering.  I didn’t get too much of a response so I let it go but a few days later she called me and said she was registered.  A few weeks later she attended the course and to say she was absolutely stoked on her progression after day 1 is an understatement.  She came back telling me how great the instructors were and how they progressed step by step through the skills they were learning.  It seemed like she learned a lot but I really noticed it the next time we rode together.  Before the course I had to wait part way down the trail for her but this time, I looked back and she was there the entire time.  That pretty much sold me on registering for the co-ed Trek Dirt Series course in Whistler at the end of the season.  And really, who would turn down a trip to ride DH in Whistler? 

Just like my wife, I learned so much at the course in Whistler.  Friends back home couldn’t believe how much faster I rode just from the 2 day course.  We enjoyed ourselves so much that My wife and I are going to make the trip from Calgary to Whistler for 3 courses this year, 2 of which are put on by the Trek Dirt Series.  If you have the chance to take the Trek Dirt Series course, I highly recommend it.  You will become a better rider, the people there are great, lots of free swag, and its fun!  

I'll be capturing the experience this time on the blog and will hopefully tweet some pictures during the course.  Expect lots of pics and a review late July.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Discuss!