BikeLife365

BikeLife365

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bike Build: Knolly Podium - Cockpit Part 1

by A. Tong

One of the three places your body touches the bike is the grips.  I've been a fan of the ODI lock on grips since they were first introduced and I've used them on all my bikes since.  Normally I go with the Ruffian grips but this time decided to try the Troy Lee Designs series in white with red anodized lock on's.  My hands are on the small side and these grips fit nicely in my hands.  The grips weigh in at 112g with hardware.  Worth the weight in my opinion for security and convenience.

White looks nice now but most likely not so nice after a few rides!

Next up is the 50mm Straightline Components direct mount stem in anodized red.  This blingy bad boy weighs in at 152g with all hardware.  

Made in Canada!  Lookin good!!!


Lastly for today is the handlebar from Chromag.  Tough to weigh a handlebar but the scale says 325g.  I used this bar on my Nomad for all mountain and DH duties and it was awesome.  Nice and wide (30 inches) with a good sweep and 1 inch rise.

Black chrome!  BA-BLING! 


All together it looks something like this.


Excellent start! 


Thanks to Chris @ Calgary Cycle for all your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Discuss!