BikeLife365

BikeLife365

Sunday, April 17, 2011

End of an Era for my Coiler!

by A. Tong

It's sad but it's true.  There comes a time when your trusty steed needs to be put out to pasture.  I am hoping someone will reign her in and put her to good use!  

My 2004 Kona Coiler Dee-Lux is up for sale.  The Coiler has been good to me.  She was ridden mostly as a trail bike but I won't forget the times we hit up the DH park.  I am hoping that she'll find a good home and soon.  At the time this bike was released, it was capable of being the ONE bike.  Burly and strong enough for the bike parks but raise the seat and you're on an epic trail ride.  I personally feel that even in today's market, the Coiler Deelux is still a capable all mountain bike.  I did consider keeping it and using it as my all mountain ride but as I suffer from UPGRADE-ITIS, I was drawn to the Nomad Carbon.
 
She shows some signs of wear but there is not a dent or crack in the frame.  She is as sturdy as the day I bought her.  The BETD plates give her some longer legs (6 and 7 inches travel) but I will include the original 5 inch plates as well.  And for your sitting pleasure, the seat post, collar, and seat are included. Asking $250 CAN. 

2004 Kona Coiler Dee-Lux.  Isn't she a beauty!?!?!.  She's the grandma of the all mountain bike and she'll still go out every weekend and give the owner a great ride :)


Also for sale is my next to new 2008 Fox 36 vanilla RC2.  I have put maybe 5 rides on this fork.  I didn't have the time to ride it and now it has to go to a good home.  The 5 times I did ride it, it was amazing.  If my Nomad didn't have a 1.5 head tube with a very capable Rockshox Lyrik, I'd be keeping this.  Everything is perfect except for a few scuffs on the fork lower.  Whoever picks this one up is going to be a lucky one.  $450 CAN and it's yours!

Update:  Well, about 2 hours after I posted this on Pinkbike, the fork has found a new home.  Lucky guy!

My almost new Fox 36 Vanilla RC2.  Nothing much to say except this is a steal of a deal and an all around awesome fork.  8.75 inch steer tube remaining. 


Email bikelife365@gmail.com if you are interested in either items. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Discuss!